A Message from the Governor
A Message from DG Debbie:
Welcome to Rotary year 2021-2022. This is going to be a very exciting year as we have come through COVID-19 and now are returning to more opportunities to meet in person both at our club meetings and upcoming district events. I hope you all agree that it feels good to get back to in-person events – getting to see our Rotary Family in person versus the Rotary Squares of Zoom. RI President Shekhar Mehta, during the during the virtual International Assembly in February, referred to us as the Change Maker Governors and we are going to have a Change Making year. Our theme, Serve to Change Lives, is so true to what we as Rotarians enjoy doing in our communities and around the world. President Shekhar has asked us to do the following throughout the 2021-2022 Rotary year:
- Each one Bring One – to increase our membership in Rotary to 1.3 Million over the next 12 months. “As simple as that. Just one member is all you need to bring in your club. And let every Rotarian around the world do this. As Rotarians, you will become change-makers, as you will change the lives, for good, of each person that you make a Rotarian.”
- Do More Grow More – “Do more,” as in bigger and impactful service projects, and “grow more,” as in increasing our membership and expanding the participation.
- Community Service Days – Hold at least one club or multi-club community service project. We will also have district-wide Community Service projects. Stay tuned for more details as Adeeb Hamzey, our District Community Service Chair, will be our coordinator.
- Embrace our newest area of focus the “Environment” which rolls out this year as our 7th area of focus.
- Continue our work on End Polio to finish the work and the promise to the children of the world that we will Eradicate Polio from the face of the earth.
I encourage you, if have not had an opportunity to hear President Shekhar speak, to check out his International Assembly speech and/or his International Convention Speech to get to know our RI President. He is a very inspirational and motivational person through his messages. Here are the links to both speeches:
It is an honor to serve as your District Governor 2021- 2022. I look forward to seeing each of you during my upcoming club visits as well as at many district events throughout the next 12 months. Thank you for being a “Change Maker” Rotarian as we “Serve to Change Lives”.